CUTS, SCARS & BRUISING


In this lesson we learnt how to create a open wound, scars and a black eye. 

Below are Sue's examples, demonstrated on me:



Here are my attempts:





   The first look I created was an open wound down the side of Phoebe's face. I started the look by first gathering all the materials I intended to use and using barrier cream to protect the skin. Firstly using a block of moulding wax - which i melted slightly on the back of my hand - I spread it along the area I intended to create the cut, using a sculpting tool. Once I was happy with where the wax was, I used the sculpting tool and created the shape of the cut, stretching out the skin afterwards by pulling the 2 sides away with my fingers. Then I got a cotton bud and a bit of latex and covered the whole area. After this step, I realised there were a few hard edges so by using a cotton bud with Acetone on, I brushed away the hard edges making the skin even again. The step was to use a brush and the reds in the Kryolan Supercolour palette and stipple colour onto the wound to give it a sore effect. I started off with a light pink, moving up to a dark red nearer to the wound. I then used a hair pin to pick up wound filler and pushed the gloopy substance into the actual wound to make it look gorey. I then finished the look by adding blood and scratches. I added blood to the inside of the wound using a small makeup brush. I created the small scratches by using a sponge and slightly rubbing the blood in small areas of the face. I then added vaseline around the wound to make it look swollen.

The next look we created was scars. I only got round to trying one of the techniques but as you can see in Sue's demonstration on me, The first scars she created were created by stretching an area of skin and applying Sealer to the area and then squeezing the skin to create wrinkles and drying it using cool air from the hair dryer. The second scars were the ones I recreated on Phoebe. These scars were more raised than the other ones and were created using Tuplast, and just directly applying it from the tube onto the skin in any direction you want to. 

The final look was the black eye. I attempted to copy a photograph of a real black eye in the last picture above. The black eye in the picture was a lot worse than the black eye I created as I wanted to keep it simple as it was my first try. To create this black eye I used some colours in my Supracolour palette and a Kryolan colour wheel. I was quite happy with how all of my looks ended up! 

Products/Tools used:

- kryolan supra colour palette
- kryolan bruise colour wheel
- wax
- latex
- fake blood
- acetone
- barrier cream
- sculpting tool
- cotton buds
- stippling sponge
- vaseline
- small eye brush - zoeva
- wound filler
- sealer
- tuplast





No comments:

Post a Comment