THREE FINAL MRS. LADERMAN IMAGES






The background:

The makeup in these images has been designed to make it look as though, this character Mrs Laderman, has bitten in to her friend and neighbour, Claudia. Both characters have taken on roles of characters from the TV series American Horror Story - Hotel, as they both have an unhealthy obsession with horror and mould themselves into their favourite characters. Claudia is usually more in control but due to Mrs Laderman's character being a heroin addict - which has caused Mrs Laderman to take heroin - she begins to be confused as to who she is and who she wants to be. 

Make-up:

I have based the make-up on the AHS - hotel character Hypodermic Sally, a ghost junkie. Sally always has her eye make-up dark and usually smudged from crying and the drug use. Her hair is usually crimped and back combed and is seen numerous times applying red lipstick very messily. Red lips can be a connotation of 'slutty' or 'romantic'. I decided that I wanted Mrs Laderman to represent a confused Sally. I managed to find a model with a similar hair colour to Sally's, with pale skin. I started by using a ivory coloured foundation mixed with the Illamasqua white skin base. I applied this all over the face and neck. I then began on the eyes. I started by applying a very dark black across the lid then used a small blending brush and smudged it in. I then used a red/purple colour around the outside as I noticed that Sally had red eyes and wanted to link Mrs Laderman to this character as much as I could. I applied a black mascara and light brown powder to the eyebrows to make them natural. I also used a lot of bronzer as I wanted to make her look like a drug user. I then used a red lipstick, mixed with a bit of black on the lips, followed by applying a lot of fake blood around the mouth.

Post production and evaluation:

During post production I realised that I was a lot happier with the images of Claudia than Mrs Laderman. A few of the images had very dark lighting so I had to increase the brightness quite a lot, which ended up being fine! I removed some of my models hair that was sticking out in the black background. I used frequency separation on her skin to get the flawless look and darkened the background to make her the centre of attention. Apart from some of the lighting being difficult to work with, I am very happy with these images. I think the makeup went according to plan and the shoot itself was ok! My model had lovely skin so it was very easy to work with also.






No comments:

Post a Comment