THREE FINAL CLAUDIA IMAGES




Background:

The makeup in these images has been designed to show how Claudia has been bitten by Mrs Laderman. Both characters take on the roles of the characters in American Horror story hotel but Mrs Ladermans character 'Sally' goes a little too far and ends up physically biting Claudia who has taken on the role of The Countess, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth in the programme is usually the one to bite and drink human blood but I wanted to mix the story up a little bit and swap the characters. 

Make-up:

I have designed the makeup so that Claudia has the usual makeup the The Countess would wear. My model already had very pale skin which was very useful as Elizabeth has very white skin, like a vampire. I used a pale foundation mixed with a white base and applied it all over the face, ears and neck. Followed by applying a fair amount of contour from the Anastasia contour palette, as Elizabeth has very contoured cheekbones and forehead. I used the Illamasqua white base with a little bit of Kryolan white supracolour to help white out the eyebrows as throughout the series Elizabeth does not have dark eyebrows. I used a simple brown colour on the lids with the colour Indianwood (Mac paint pot) to match the characters look. I didn't want her to have dark eyes as she is taking the role of a vampire and wanted her to look very pale. I gave her a red lip as the character Claudia takes on is very flirty as the colour red connotes romance and heat. I have pulled all of her hair back just to make the main focus her face. I have dress her in black, as black resembles death, with a fur shawl to link back to the wealth of the character Claudia morphs into.

Post production and evaluation:

Post-production was very easy as the lighting was exactly how I wanted. As these images were taken on location and not in the studio, all I had to do was edit out some of the background as the lights were reflecting on to it. I used frequency separation on her face and spot removal to get rid of some blemishes underneath her neck near the bite. I edited out some of the hair that was falling onto the shoulder as I wanted all of the hair to fall back behind her, but as I was taking the images and my model was moving around the hair changed position. This was easily dealt with and wasn't a problem. I'm really happy with how these images turned out and wouldn't have changed anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment